Public Housing Application Information
APPLICATIONS ARE RANKED BY DATE AND TIME RECEIVED AND PREFERENCE ONLY. INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL NOT ALTER YOUR POSITION ON THE LIST. SUPPLYING FALSE INFORMATION WILL BE GROUNDS TO DENY ELIGIBILITY.
Please refer to the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP) for additional information.
Before receiving assistance, all applicants are interviewed in order to establish their eligibility.
The AHA will require of all applicants:
- A criminal background investigation, both local and nationwide
- A credit report inquiry
- Official verification of residency
- Minimum of a five year rental history
- Verifiable income information
Applicants qualify by:
- Income limits
- Family composition (families, senior citizens 62+, and disabled/handicapped have priority over single individuals not meeting the above criteria)
- Acceptable residency history
- Proof of residency in the one of the following jurisdictions: Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Ojai, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, or the unincorporated areas of the County
- Proof of legal residency status
You will be required to supply all of the following applicable documents:
- Birth Certificates for all family members.
- Social Security Card for all family members.
- Driver’s License or ID Card for all family members 18 yrs. of age or older.
- Completed Declaration of Eligibility for Assisted Housing (214 Form) for each family member.
- Copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back) if applicable.
- Authorization for Release of Information signed by all family members 18 yrs. of age and older.
- Authorization form to Obtain Records signed by all family members 18 yrs. of age and older.
- Current proof of residency (lease, utility bill, income verification, driver’s license, ID, or bank statement).
- Current income verification.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SIGNED BY ALL FAMILY MEMBERS 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER.