What is a Housing Authority?
The Area Housing Authority of the County of Ventura (AHACV) is not a federal department or agency. AHACV is a public housing agency. A public housing agency is a governmental or public body created and authorized by state law to develop and operate housing and housing programs for low-income families. AHACV enters into an Annual Contributions Contract (ACC) with HUD to administer the public housing program. AHACV must ensure compliance with federal laws, regulations, and notices and establish policy and procedures to clarify federal requirements and ensure consistency in program operation.
Do you serve all of Ventura County?

No. The Area Housing Authority of the County of Ventura serves the residents of Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Ojai, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and the unincorporated areas of the County.

Who serves the other areas?

Each of the following cities has their own, independent housing authority.

Oxnard Housing Authority
Phone: (805) 385-8096
Address: 435 South D Street, Oxnard

Housing Authority of the City of San Buenaventura
Phone: (805) 648-5008
Address: 995 Riverside Street, Ventura

Port Hueneme Housing Authority
Phone: (805) 986-6527
Address: 250 North Ventura Road, Port Hueneme

Santa Paula Housing Authority
Phone: (805) 525-3339
Address: 15500 W. Telegraph Road, B-11, Santa Paula

How long have you been around?
The Area Housing Authority of the County of Ventura was established in 1972.
How are Commissioners selected?
Commissioners are appointed by the City they live in and by the County of Ventura.
Do you provide loans or grants for homebuyers?

No. We do offer educational home buyer workshops.

How do landlords rent to Section 8 clients?

Please visit our Section 8 Landlords category.

How do I find Section 8 applicant information?

Please visit our Section 8 Applicants category.

How do I find information for Section 8 participants?

Please visit our Section 8 Participants category.